31 Jan Transferring Utility Service
When it comes to contacting utility companies to transfer services into the name of the home owner on their behalf, Dominion Virginia Power is one of the easiest and quickest companies.
By following the five steps below, this process is usually completed within 24 hours.
- Scan a copy of the property management agreement.
- Email the property management agreement and transfer of service request to Dominion Virginia Power at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the body of the email, state the effective date of the transfer, the name of the owner, the address the bills should be sent to for payment, and the rental home address.
- You should receive a confirmation within minutes that your email has been received.
- Within the next 24 hours, you should receive an email confirmation that your request has been completed.
Each email confirmation from Dominion is different. Some customer service representatives will provide you with the new account number and confirm the effective date of service transfer. Compared to other utility companies, such as Washington Gas, Dominion Virginia Power has the most convenient and quickest response to completing the transfer of service request.